Sunday, May 22, 2011

Neptune transiting 5th House: Pretty Little Liar



On January 10, 2011, Neptune finally ended it's very annoying tour through my 5th house.  Neptune transiting your 5th house is said to cause you much confusion in your dating life and you have a "I have to save you" attitude toward your partners.  You can self-delude yourself into thinking that the object of your affection is more than what they really are and you only see what you want to see in romantic situations.

Of course, hearing this for those with a Neptune in the 5th house can leave you disappointed and cringing.  You may think "Oh no, for the next 14 years my romantic life will be a disappointment".  I am here to tell you, Neptune transiting anything in your chart is nothing to fear.  The great thing about transits, especially long ones, is that I find that they can be divided into trimesters.  I have found that if you divide a long term transit into 3rds, the worst part of a questionable transit will occur in the 2nd trimester.  The first trimester is more like a ramp up, and by the end of the transit you have a handle on the situation.  Hence, a Neptune transit only really feels about 5 years long. You become an expert the life events that surround this transit.  And guess what? No one can tell you differently because after the end of the 2nd trimester, you will KNOW without any doubt how to leverage those situations.  And what is bad about that?

Neptune began transiting my 5th house in December of 1996.  I was 11.  So imagine, college dating was filled with disappointment and drama, drama, drama.  I probably could write a whole book about it.  I have provided a breakdown of the transit trimesters as follows:

1st Transit Trimester: (December 1996 - February 2001) 


The funny thing is, contrary to what most may believe about this transit, my romantic life was anything but romantic and colorful for the first 5 years.  However, the self-delusion was very prominent.  During this time, I would simply make-up my romantic escapades with the opposite sex.  I had attracted a lot of attention but my dream world was much more fascinating than the those who were pursuing me.  For instance, I'd meet a guy and we would have a great connection but, I would not follow up on it.  If he called, I may flirt and talk to him but after awhile, I'd stop associating with him.  But sadly, that's not how I would tell the story to my friends.  If I met a guy at the skate ring, suddenly the skate ring became the park by the lake during sunset.  If he called me to invite me out with his brother, I'd decline the invitation but if friends asked me "what happened with such-n-such" I'd tell them about the great time I just had meeting his brother.

I found that during this time, I also tended to always victimize myself in these magic carpet fairy tales.  Like once the story was that I was dating this guy from Mexico, Jose, and I was sad that his family got caught without a green card and had to be deported.  Before his deportation, of course we had a whirlwind romance so him leaving left me devastated.  The Real Story:  Jose was this boy who lived three doors down from me.  He had a crush on me but I found him and his brothers annoying. He was not even Mexican, he was black.

I hadn't even kissed a boy at this time and I was a late bloomer compared to the rest of my peers in terms of my pursuit of the opposite sex because the dream world was good enough for me.  The reality of most young relationships from what I heard from my peers did not attract me.  There stories weren't magical enough.

Me and my younger sister have different rising signs but they are practically conjunct.  I'm late in Virgo and she is early in Libra.  So our transits through our houses tend to pretty similar.  I can say without a doubt that around this time, the both our us were Pretty Little Liars.

In her world, I was her half-sister.  She told everyone that she and my older sister had a different father than I. ...that my mother had my older sister, left their father, met my father and had me, and then went back to her father.  Now she was back with my father and my sister's father lived in New York.  The Real Story: She did this because she did not like our father. We are a full blooded duo.  Our older sister is biologically our paternal cousin who we called our sister because she lost both her parents at an early age.  We have no relatives in New York.

I guess we felt that these were innocent lies that did not effect anyone but our own imagination.  At the time, it seems a little strange and weird if I would have ever encountered people like us...but looking back on it, I find it absolutely hilarious!

2nd Transit Trimester: (February 2001 - January 2006) 

In 2001 I moved to a new neighborhood with some incredible looking eye-candy! At the time I was about 15 or 16.  We moved to a slightly worse neighborhood at that so me and my sister were the only virgins.  The girls in this neck of the worlds were pretty fast.  Many rumors were spread around town about who could get us or supposedly got us and bets were made. However, the following summer I had my first official boyfriend and had my first kiss at the age 16....contrary to all the stories that I had told before about my magical whirlwind romances.  And at the time, I could have sworn I found my soul mate.  The most interesting part about it is that he always claimed I didn't like him.  I did not know how to be a good girlfriend because once again, I found greater solace in my dreams than actually want to put it into practice.  I was involved with him for 6 years off and on.  I dated other people tho while I was away at college.  He was not all that I made him to be.  He lived at home, could not keep a job, and slept with pretty much anything with a vajayjay.  But I self-deluded myself into thinking that I was comfortable with being friends with benefits, that he was only doing it because he had trust issues and just needed someone to love him, etc...

At the same time, because Neptune has no boundaries, like I said I also dated other people. However, I never deemed it as cheating.  And there was drama concerning those situations as well....so I was getting pulled in all types of directions.  They continued to pile on each other because I never blamed myself for anything.  I was always the victim and I allowed the drama to consume my life.  This was a very intense period in my life and I felt always very heartbroken that I drank a lot and experimented.  I worked hard and played harder and my partying got way out of hand that I got suspended from college. It wasn't until the end of this trimester when I finally let it all go.

My sister ended up having a kid during this time and I resented the fact that I had to help her take care of him. I was not kid friendly at the time and I was pretty mean to my nephew but of course I told people differently and praised myself for my parenting abilities (please do not cringe, that is soooo far from the case today!  I love that little boy as he was my own.)

3rd Transit Trimester: (January 2006 - January 2011) 


In January 2006, I made a pact with myself to not date anyone and to focus on completing my degree. This pact was not official until about January 2007.  I spent two years during this time period celibate and did not date anyone.  I went online once but after the first phone call with a potential, I kept it real with myself about how the relationship would all play out and decided to keep it moving.  I graduated college and did not get involved with anyone until September 2009.  Throughout this relationship I never felt out of control or without boundaries or self-deluded.  I felt that because of my past experience throughout this transit that I now had a refined understanding toward romance, self-expression, creativity, and pleasure.  In fact, many of my old roommates referred to me as "grandma" around this time because I was whole heartedly against the partying and dating scene.  My boyfriend thought I was a very mature individual and had a hard time picturing me as a party girl who was very flirtatious, he had a harder time believing I used to make up things as I am now a person with unwavering integrity....more so than most.

I must say, that Neptune did not completely leave me altogether, as the relationship that I was in during the third trimester I still had that "let me save you" mentality.  My boyfriend used to ask me "why do you keep trying to fix me".  I was convinced that he had an extreme case of low self-esteem so I spent much of our relationship trying to push him out his comfort zone and help build his confidence.  But in December 2010, I gave up and told myself "I'll never date another broken person" (which may be hard to do considering Neptune rules my 7th house).  I told him to see a therapist.  I stopped talking to him for 3 months and when we reconnected this transit had ended.  I saw him completely differently.  I was so excited to see him and the feelings were definitely still there...until he opened his mouth.  lol.  I guess the rose-colored glasses have finally fell and broke off my face......now let's see how Neptune works in the 6th house.....back to the ramp up.....

Just a quick note...as with any transit, it is important to look at transit aspects to natal aspects at any given point in time. It is also just as important to look at the aspects to your house ruler - specifically if you do not have any natal planets in this house. These could provide clues as to what you could do to either embrace or mitigate the energies of a transit. 

My Jupiter is posited in my 5th house. During this transit my Jupiter and its associated aspects were 'activated' by the Neptune transit.Transit Neptune made a conjunction to my natal Jupiter. Jupiter is square my Moon, Venus, and Pluto. Jupiter is sextile my Mercury and trine my Mars. Jupiter expands what the planet it touches and, when squared, is prone to over exaggeration and over indulgence. The transits conjunction to Jupiter expanded Neptune qualities. I felt a greater inclination toward fantasy and imagination. With Neptune activating my Jupiter aspects, I was prone to emotional/domestic, romantic/social/monetary, and sexual/transformative exaggeration and indulgences. However, I was able to communicate these fantasies in a very convincing manner (Jupiter sextile Mercury) and was able to garner admiration (Jupiter trine Mars). 

My sister dosen't have any planets posited in her 5th house, but, her house ruler is Uranus. Natally, Uranus is square Mercury and semi-square Pluto. She has a very rebellious mind and tends to fight against opposition. Neptune's involvement in activating this square may be the reason why she felt the need to disassociate or oppose our father through her imagination. During this transit in her chart, her will was incorrectly applied to promote change (or in a broader sense, revolution). She was also known to make up stories about violent acts against her that did not happen. But she was also someone who did confront a lot of conflict in her relationships. She would either exaggerate the confrontations or mistell the stories. 

Resolutions: (ideas to help you channel the energy of this transit)

1. Fully dedicate yourself to acting.  You will do well and can probably go far.
2. Say in the mirror "I am a liar" and make a conscious effort to tell the truth.
3. Write a book...fiction would be best.
4. Moderate drinking, no drugs. 

5 comments:

  1. i absolutely loove the depth and details of the stories. neptune JUST entered my 5th house.. I don't lie as much as i use to (mercury square neptune natal)when it comes to my guys.. but I'll admit that I fabricate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great story!! Sounds very familiar to me as neptune just left my 5th house today...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am knee deep in the Neptune waters of my 5th house where Saturn & Chiron lives. I think I'll try #1. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just like you are telling my story lol. I just have interest in astrology and use it as a tool to understand myself.
    So I searched google with Neptune transits in 5th house and found your story, It's exactly mine. I am making up a lot both about my ideal boyfriend ( though I even don't get 1 now), and my family background. I make myself as a victim of everything. I said to my friends that I am not my parents' child and I was adopted just to let them feel sorry for me :< Then, I told them my very romantic stories that actually turned out my imagination or only that some guys had crush on me and I didn't like him ( same as your story :)) Can't stop laughing ... I used to blame it on my conjunction of my Sun with Neptune and Uranus ~ But now after laughing so hard, feel too worried :(((((
    Neptune transited my 5th house in 2009 so it's just my very first stage ... I craved for a boyfriend but it seems so unrealistic. My "imaginative" Neptune will stay in 5th house Pieces house until 2020. It rules my 6th house~
    Thank you for your great and real story. It's amazing and I think I need to do something with my " let me save you" mentality or maybe I will be FA. Hix, really wanna have an official boyfriend :(


    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved your posts!
    Did you write about the natal Neptune in 4th house? Would love to read your take on that

    ReplyDelete